emianplumbing
emianplumbing, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a General plumber working with building projects and small appliances on a daily basis
63187465

Hi, Worcester 24i fitted on fibreboard and underneath that,

Customer Question

Worcester 24i fitted on fibreboard and underneath that, breeze block. The noise from it and the pipework permeates right through the house.
British Gas quotes me £540 to remove it from the wall and replace it after doing remedial work on the wall.
I am pursuaded by them to buy a new boiler costing £3223 but they still have not told me what remedial work they will do to the wall.
Can you please give me your advice?
Regards,
Marion.
Expert:  emianplumbing replied 2 years ago.
I don't see a reason for the Boiler to be making any noise. The only thing I can think of is pump noise. I would firstly suggest turning the pump down.
You dont say what type of noise it is. Banging or whooshing noise or ?
I certainly wouldn't consider buying a new boiler at this stage.
I certainly would advise calling in a gas fitter (NOT BG) and asking them what they think the problem is.