George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Sunvic 307xls timer. it used to work perfectly but now if

Sunvic 307xls timer.
it used to work perfectly but now if there is a power cut it loses all settings (incl date) and reverts to default. Manual says battery never needs replacing!
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 2 years ago.
canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. It does not however say that it is immune to power surge. The timer has been damaged by power surge. Possibly a wire at one of the connections will look scorched. If you inspect the wiring you will very likely find evidence of a damaged wire. When you find this it will confirm that the timer will need to be replaced. Unless a wire has simply got a loose connection. Here is a wiring direction to help you investigate.

Attachment: 2014-10-16_001911_sundial-s-plan-plus-reference-guide.pdf

Full Size Image

Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** am not here constantly, so kindly be patient whilst awaiting responses.

I would contact Sunvic on #01698-812-944 or contact your nearest stockist to request information relating to product warranty reminding them that they state the 'Battery never needs changing'.

If there is just a wire loose then their advisors/stockists should be able to inform you of which wire if any charges the internal battery.
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair