Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

Hi, I have a Keston Qudos 28hp boiler. We recently ran low

Hi, I have a Keston Qudos 28hp boiler. We recently ran low on LPG and it may have run out before a delivery to the tank (we weren't home to check). The tank has now been resupplied but the boiler shows an error code 02 and when I reset it, it tries to re-start but they defaults to error code 02 again. can you help please?
Matt Wiles
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 3 years ago.
Plumberpro :

Hi . the gas pipe is has air in it . keep resetting till all the air is purged and it will fire

Customer:

Thanks; I have reset it 6 times now and each time the ignition flame symbol flashes slowly, then fast as the boiler tries to fire. This cycle is repeated about 5 times and then I get an Error Code 04. Is this what you expected, and should I just keep resetting?

Plumberpro :

Yes please. Normally a gas engineer would crack the gas valve but which is quicker, but because it is going through gas valve at low rate it can take a while , thanks

Customer:

OK; typically, how long should it take? I've been resetting for about an hour now - is that what you had in mind?!

Plumberpro :

Hi . can you give me a minute , back in two minutes , thanks

Plumberpro :

Hi . your error codes are no gas and failed ignition. WS it going to this fault before the gas ran out?

Customer:

No, I don't think so; we had hot water the morning the gas was refilled so if the boiler was without gas, then it was only for a short time. That said, I think that the problem was caused either by us running out of gas or some problem created when the gas was resupplied. The gas is supplied into a ground tank and is now showing 85% full; there appears to be only one stopcock which is set at right angles to the inlet valve. Does that help?

Plumberpro :

Do you have a long gas run?

Customer:

About 10 metres.

Plumberpro :

Ok . the gas valve should be in line with the pipe

Plumberpro :

10 metres is a lot of air to purge as well , but your gas valve may be off

Plumberpro :

Could you take a photo of your gas valve? Please

Customer:

Thanks; the valve was a red herring; the stop cock was just to enable the gas inlet to be isolated so that a delivery pipe could be fitted. I can see no evidence of any restriction to gas flow from the tank. As you say, 10 metres is a lot of air so if you still think this is the most likely reason, we'll keep on resetting.

Plumberpro :

Ok . it may take a while , but eventually it will light. All the best

Plumberpro :

Hi . do you have a LPG oven/hob . have you cleared that through?

Plumberpro :

Hi . did you get it working?