canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

My Caple slot in wine cooler Wi6112 is at 25degrees despite

Customer Question

My Caple slot in wine cooler Wi6112 is at 25degrees despite being set at 12. Both fans are running and the big black thing (compressor?) is warm. The under cabinet radiator is not hot and the internal element (silver thing with fins) is not cold. Could it be a thermostat issue and if so how do I go about fixing it?
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 3 years ago.
canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. If the compressor is quite hot and it is running but not cooling the diagnosis I'm afraid is not good. There is low refrigerant which is caused by a leak. You may find oily substance on the coils that would help determine where the leak is but all of this does not help much since the cost of repair will be quite close to replacement unless you're certified to purchase and repair coolant leaks.

canuck the pro :

Unfortunately coolant is not available to purchase unless you're certified.

canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience: Plumber
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 3 years ago.

Hello, my name is George..

Can I ask, aside from the internal fans, have you checked the tangential fan underneath the cabinet front that cools the compressor.. These have a habit of failing and causing the temperature inside to rise

To view it, take off the panel under the door at the front.