Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Stanley Oisin Stove bout 14yrs old Doing a bit of TLC on

Stanley Oisin Stove bout 14yrs old
Doing a bit of TLC on our stove! new shaker grate, fire fence bars, fire brick, all no problem, good clean out etc down to fitting new roof baffle which despite my best efforts will not come out, loose enough but does not move over to one side or the other to allow it to drop off runners, is there something I am missing, Do I have to take the rear of the stove off to get the baffle off ?/
Any help appreciated
Ronnie Gaunt
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Ronnie,
in this case you need to remove the rear mounting to give it a bit more room. Also these can be tricky as they will get stuck a bit it requires a bit of force to get the part off.
Check to see that it isn't held by any other fasteners, usually there are some at the back of the stove;-)
Please rate my service to you, kindly before closing this page I will still be here for you and you can contact me anytime
simply by replying to this message at no additional cost;-)
Thank you Ronnie and have a great day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the info, I kind of thought you would have to take the back plate off! I was trying to avoid taking the stove out again, as i had to have it out last winter to replace a part of the back flue which was in the old fireplace !

It seems a pity they had not given a little bit more space, to allow it to be removed from the front, never mind at least I know!!

All the best

Ronnie