canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

What is the best cleaner to remove Black mould from Door Seal

What is the best cleaner to remove Black mould from Door Seal on Hot point Aquarius
Washing machine. Have tried the "De Scaler" but it does not move the black mould
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 2 years ago.
canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today.

canuck the pro :

You Will Need:

• Bleach

• Vinegar

• Spray bottle

• Soft cloth

• rubber gloves

Steps to Remove the Mold:

1. Start by running a normal wash cycle with hot water and bleach. The amount of bleach will depend on the size of the washer. Use an appropriate amount for one load of laundry. If you are unable to use bleach, vinegar can be used in its place.

2. Mix one part bleach with four parts water in the spray bottle.

3. Use the spray bottle to spray and wipe away any remaining mold areas from the rubber seal. Be sure to pull/push it gently to get in the grooves where moisture can grow and mold can develop. Wearing rubber gloves will protect your hands from the bleach.

4. Wipe the areas clean with a soft cloth.

5. If the mold is stubborn, allow the bleach/water mixture to sit on the area for a few minutes before wiping it away.

6. Rinse by spraying with clean water and wiping with a clean cloth.

canuck the pro :

It is best to leave the door open in between washes to help prevent mold and mildew in the washer.

canuck the pro :

Wet and dark areas are a favourite environment for mold spores to grow. If you remove the wet symptom the mold will no longer grow.

Customer:

Many thanks for your tip. Will try it out when I get the opportunity.