Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

smv50coogb dishwasher has a white clip by bottom filter that

smv50coogb dishwasher has a white clip by bottom filter that fell out. have tried to refit by now make a whirring noise and wash cycle ends quickly
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi sorry to hear that, did this happen when you changed the filter?
Also how old is your dishwasher?
And could you describe the clip in in detail so I can help you further.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No the filter became loose and on further inspection we noticed the white clip in the bottom where the water drains away.

The dishwasher is just over 2 years old

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Alan, this may part of the filter or the filter housing.
You need to remove the filter and see if you can tell where the part broke off.
Usually its on the filter but this time it may have come off the housing. Both are easy to change.
The reason you hear the whirring sound is because the filter isn't seated fully due to the part missing. And water is leaking from there as well as air getting in there. i will help you if you need in replacing the housing if you need me.
The best place to get the hosing or the filter is Espares, for cost and quality, also they ship the same day in most cases;-)
I have included their phone information below for your convenience.
Please rate my service to you, kindly before closing this page I will still be here for you and you can contact me anytime
simply by replying to this message at no additional cost;-)
Thank you Alan and have a great day!
Tech Michael
Please contact Espares:
Sales/Parts
0844 9777 888
After sales
0333 4007 888
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays
For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.
Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.