Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

my washer is not in day to day use.I decided to give it a run

my washer is not in day to day use.I decided to give it a run with the cooker hood filters and other items to fill it. it would not start, despite several attempts . i could only hear a low humming noise, but not the usual start up of water filling etc.I have switched off the power. could this be a problem caused by not using the machine for several weeks ?
the machine is approx 10 years old.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi sorry to hear that, in answer to your question yes that can happen, but its not a common failure.
Are you sure no water is getting into the dishwasher?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have checked to see if water was switched on, BINGO it appears that when my usual plumber visited due to a leak in the cold inlet to a washing machine, it seems he switched off the water inlet to the dishwasher. It is now filling and working although there is nothing in it to wash.It was worth £II.00 to find the obvious.Please note I do not wish to pay any subscription other than the single payment of £11.00. your web site froze up before I completed the sequence. please do confirm that my instruction is clearly met. I am satisfied with your service and will use it again if needed.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
LOL!
Thats cool Ian.
Please rate kindly before closing this page, and have a great day In!
Tech Mike