Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Gas cooker specialist
46681511

My Baxi Bermuda 552 pilot light was going out, I fitted a new

My Baxi Bermuda 552 pilot light was going out, I fitted a new thermo coupling and give it a good clean, the pilot light stays on but the boiler would only fire up when I manually turned the thermostat control, turned it to 3 the boiler fired up run for approx. 10 seconds then off, the pilot light stays on, waited more than 10 minutes and it would not fire back up, turned the control to 4 fired up 10 seconds off, put old thermo back in just in case new one was faulty but still the same, turned to 5 the same then up to high fired up 10 seconds and off, now I have run out off settings so it will not fire up, do you think it would be the thermostat or main valve.
bill
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 2 years ago.
***** ***** : You either have a boiler thermostat problem, or you have a water circulation problem.
***** ***** : can you let me know if the heat reaches the furthest parts of the system when on?
***** ***** : If the pilot light stays on then it is not a thermocouple problem