George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

my comfort draw does not empty. Have done all the cleaning

my comfort draw does not empty. Have done all the cleaning recommended but still no luck.when it was new there was no problem. machine is three years old.
Hope you can help. Thanks
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 3 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** am not here constantly, so kindly be patient whilst awaiting responses, answers take time. If you need to ask for further info, please ask:

Can you tell me the model number of your appliance please.

Customer:

Samsung VRT Eccobubble. WFO804x8E

George-Allsorts :

By the sound of your question, and just to make sure I'm going to answer you correctly: are you talking about the conditioner slot in your soap drawer?

Customer:

yes

George-Allsorts :

In the drawer there is a tube covered by a removable cap.. If you remove the cap and use a thin implement to clear the tube, then rinse the tube through by pouring boiling water from a kettle down it.... After this, replace the cap and try your machine..
.
Once you have done this, can you let me know how you get on.

Customer:

I do not have a tube in my draw.

George-Allsorts :

The top of the tube should look like this

Full Size Image

Customer:

yes

Customer:

will see if I can get this bit off.

George-Allsorts :

it should just pull up

Customer:

that's the side for the washing gell, there is nothing to pull out on the conditioner side.

George-Allsorts :

One moment please

George-Allsorts :

Does your drawer look like this one?

Full Size Image

Customer:

yes

George-Allsorts :

Ok.. then you need to remove the blue part from the right hand side.. the tube is underneath it.

Customer:

ok will have a look

George-Allsorts :

Ok, let me know when you are finished

Customer:

there is a hole there but it is totally clear and the box only sits on anyway.

George-Allsorts :

That is for the conditioner... The way it works is as the blue conditioner part of the drawer fills with water, as it does so it displaces the conditioning fluid up the tube part and then down into the washer..

If you are sure that there is no blockage .. we will have to go a little further

Customer:

sure there is no blockage .

George-Allsorts :

Have a look at the left side.. at the back there should be a white plastic part.. Push it down and draw the drawer toward you.. it should come right out

Customer:

Have checked on forums and lots of people have the same problem. I have the dawer out already

George-Allsorts :

Excellent.. Look into the housing that it came from... is it black on the top right hand side?

Customer:

no

George-Allsorts :

ok.. we are going to get a little messy then... I need you to place the drawer back into the housing, push it all the way to the back and then draw it forward again so the drawer is open

Customer:

ok done

George-Allsorts :

ok.. I need you to chose the program on your machine that would let the conditioner in

George-Allsorts :

choose

Customer:

which one is that?

George-Allsorts :

switch the machine on.. you'll need to watch to see if the water is falling to where the conditioner would normally go

George-Allsorts :

one moment I will need to check

Customer:

ok, give me a minute

Customer:

The machine is on and the cycle is going to take 1hr and 15 mins, what do you want me to do?

George-Allsorts :

According to the manual, Rinse + Spin will do the job...

Check that water enters the area where the conditioner would be if the drawer was shut

George-Allsorts :

Cancel that .. put it on Rinse + Spin

Customer:

ok will have a go

George-Allsorts :

I'm going to have to go for about an hour.. but I will come back

George-Allsorts :

By the way.. Do you have a manual?

George-Allsorts :

Just in case you don't, here it is.. MANUAL

Customer:

I have a manual thanks. water is filling on gellside only on rinse and spin

George-Allsorts :

Hello, I'm back... How did you get on.. Did it let water in at all through the cycle?

Customer:

water was not coming in on conditioner side only on the detergent side.

George-Allsorts :

OK, take the top of the machine. Look at the back behind the soap drawer housing you will see two pipes leading to this

Full Size Image

This is the inlet double valve... they need testing to find out which one is not working.. If one shows up as not working then you need to buy the complete unit

Customer:

Thanks for your help but I will not be able to get the machine out until my son comes over next Saturday.