George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Hello, we have a De Dietrich dish washer in our new house.

Customer Question

we have a De Dietrich dish washer in our new house. I cleaned the control panel and pressed a few buttons, I heard some beeps. Afterwards, the control panel has been in demo mode permanently and everything I tried to get it to react to anything, failed. I switched it off, cut the electricity for the whole night, kept the start button pressed for ten seconds, tried pressing multiple buttons, but it won't react to anything at all. Any advice is most welcome! Thank you in advance.
service: DVH1140J/B
Nr *********
DVH1140J
Type: DWH321D421323214
DW6G0069200
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** you need to ask for more info, please do. Kindly be patient whilst awaiting responses, I'm only here part-time.

George-Allsorts :

I will need a short while to access the details for your appliance

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

Hello George

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

many thanks for looking into this for me

George-Allsorts :

I'll be as quick as I can but De Dietrich has been in collapse for a while so I'm gonna have a good search on my hands

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

sorry about that

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

I'm going away for a couple of hours now anyway

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

I'll be back online for lunch time

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

any more info you need?

George-Allsorts :

What information is it showing in the program time window, if any?

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

in the program time window the value keeps changing.

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

every second or so it counts down the minutes and with every different value the other values change as well (the program options)

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

so you will have 82 minutes with eco program then it changes to 81 minutes and post program etc

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

when it gets at zero

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

it says end

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

and then continues counting down again

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

:(

George-Allsorts :

Ok thank you for that... Access to even the sources of the information type required is proving difficult on a Sunday... (That is if the info is still available at all).. Nevertheless, I will continue to try get it for you... so please don't become dismayed if you don't receive a response for a long time.. I will come back to respond when I have what is necessary..

regards

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

hello George

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

thank you for letting me know

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

I will keep checking my email

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

and just keep me informed if there's anything else can provide

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

thank you for your help!

George-Allsorts :

I have managed to get hold of the right contact... The files will be checked tomorrow for you :)

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

that's good news

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

thank you George

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

and have a good rest of your Sunday

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

we'll be in touch tomorrow then

George-Allsorts :

Still awaiting an answer from Source

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- : Hello george,
JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- : thank you for keeping me up to date! Sorry it is causing you so much work. I really appreciate your help,
JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- : nada
George-Allsorts :

DEMO MODE - To disable, hold all buttons on the bottom row with the exception of the clock symbol for 5 seconds

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

oh n George,

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

it doesn't work!

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

there are three little buttons on a row on the right and the start button even further on the right

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

I pressed them all at once for even ten seconds

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

but to no avail

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

I also tried including the clock button (left on bottom row)

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

but doesn't work either

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

it is not easy to press the three little buttons as they are tinier than children's fingers

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

I also tried with a cloth

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

but so far no good:(

George-Allsorts :

I am told that your machine has two rows and the bottom row has five buttons.. is that correct?

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

yes it's correct

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

from left to right:

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

clock button

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

then nothing for a long time

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

then three little ones

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

then start button on the right

George-Allsorts :

OK.. so you tried all four of the buttons other than the clock button?

George-Allsorts :

I shall get them to send me the actual instruction sheet in the morning.. I just got it by phone tonight so it is someone else determining what was written on the instruction

George-Allsorts :

I'm sorry if this is taking a little time.. but I will stick with you until you have a definitive answer to your problem

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

okay brilliant

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

that sounds good!

George-Allsorts :

Have a good evening.. I'll contact you tomorrow

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

okay thank you

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

have a good rest of the evening too

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

I am sorry for your oo that it didn't work yet

George-Allsorts :

can you describe the buttons to me... or even photograph them and post the photo here

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

on the top row

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

there is an arrow on the left side pointing to theleft

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

then there are all the program options

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

70 degrees, boost, eco etc

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

on the right side on the top there is another arrow pointing to the right

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

on the lower part on the left there is the clock button

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

then there are a few lights that I thought would be buttons

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

but my boyfriend says are just lights

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

and then on the right on the bottom

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

there is the start button

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

that's all

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

none of them even say beep anymore when you touch them

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

and they are all touch buttons

George-Allsorts :

Try this one...

Hold START for 5 seconds then release
Press SET
Press LEFT ARROW
Press RIGHT ARROW
Press and hold SET

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

Goodmorning George

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

sadly this doesn't work either

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

I think I'm going to have to contact De Dietrich about it

JACUSTOMER-f6q2arzw- :

and probably they will replace this part I suspect

George-Allsorts :

There are a few different versions of the reset... Try this one

Hold SET for 5 seconds then release
Press START
Press LEFT ARROW
Press RIGHT ARROW
Press and hold SET

George-Allsorts :

This information is coming from what was the UK tech office of De Dietrich .. who are no more.. They went into Administration earlier this year..

Hopefully we can find one of the codes that applies to your appliance... This is why I asked you for a photo of the controls if possible...

Sorry for the inconvenience you are having...

George-Allsorts :

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The information you'll need is below.. You could try making a claim with James Cowper to try force a repair action, as this is a mode within the programming of the board and a warning was not given to prevent the activation of this mode, or otherwise to allow de-activation of the mode.. The mode is called SHOP DEMO MODE.

The company that has taken over the:

• ADMINISTRATION and CLAIMS for the De Dietrich product range is James Cowper on Tel: #02380-221222

• REPAIRS and SPARES for the De Dietrich range is JTM Contracts and they can be reached on #01256-308045

I have however contacted James Cowper who immediately instructed me to contact JTM Contracts, hence I contacted JTM Contracts to try access the information for de-activation for you, but they are not even aware of the problem and have no instruction either. I must add, that they were not very forthcoming with parts information and availability either.

I hope all this helps you

I have one more thing to try to access the de-activation sequence for you... In order to do this I will need the serial number from the machine which is starred-out in your original description... Please try posting it again but place a # ***** front of the serial number.