George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Neff hob (12 years old) micro/cooker (2+ years) and

I have a Neff hob (12 years old) micro/cooker (2+ years) and main cooker (12 years)
Yesterday, we had a sequence of events which led eventually to all three appliances not working.
First, the lights on the micro wave started to flash across all indicators on the display board, then this tripped all electrics in the house.
My wife then tried the hob, and this also tripped the electrics.
The present situation is that if we switch the poet on to the cooler circuit, all we get is a light on the clock of the main cooker, we get no power in the micro-wave. If we tried the hob, this again trips the electric.
Any advice, please?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear that, I am Tech Michael
I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and may take a bit of conversation to get the issue narrowed down and solved.
May i have the full model # ***** your cooker?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the micro wave is a Neff Ht5HB86P

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Keith,
Were there any power cuts or outages prior to this event?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

NO

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Keith,
This a catastrophic component failure with the main control board.
One of the components has failed and is causing a huge current draw, thats why the unit trips the mains in your home its whats called a dead short.
Its easy to replace if you are a bit handy and I will assist you all the way. if you dint want to get that involved though you will need an appliance Tech to come out and replace that board.
No matter which way you go if you order the part yourself it will be cheap so I have included the best place to get that main control board.
I will stick with you on this until it is fixed.
Please rate my service to you, kindly before closing this page you will still have access to me and you can contact me anytime
simply by replying to this message at no additional cost;-)
Thank you Keith and have a great Sunday!
Tech Michael
Please call Espares:
Sales/Parts
0844 9777 888
After sales
0333 4007 888
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays
For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.
Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello Kieth, my name is George..

Can you tell me; are there any common denominators between the three units.. ie. are they all attached to the same mains connection..

The reason I ask is that (ok I cannot see your facility there) you have a wiring problem at source.. for instance, if they are all supplied by the same connection block you may have a wiring short, or a bad neutral connection, or something similar...

Please check this and report back

regards
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi, this is Mike again, the issue you face has nothing to do with a loose or bad neutral connection.
Due to the fact that the mains blows every time you have a shorted main board:-)
I know the other expert is saying what he thinks but he is going to be incorrect. I will stick with you until we have this complete.
Tech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am so sorry for the mis information!
My computer didn't show me that you had this issue with all three appliances;-(
The other Tech George is 100% correct in his diagnoses thus far.
This could be a short at an electrical outlet or as George stated a loose neutral wire.
Please accept my apology, the Internet guys have been working on my system for weeks now and still haven't pinpointed the source of my issue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So what do you advise to be the most suitable way of proceeding? Contact an appliance repair expert or an electrician?

First and foremost I would call an electrician.. The reason being is that the electrician can trace the fault, but if you get the right electrician, he/she will also be able to do any repairs/diagnosis tests on your appliances..

If you find that the electrician cannot do the appliances then contact me back and I can refer you to an appliance engineer to complete the job
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair