Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have cleaned the filter out on my mytag washing magibe but

I have cleaned the filter out on my mytag washing magibe but now it makes funny noise and isn't filling with water
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Sorry to hear that.
Please unplug your washer, then remove the filter again and check it and its mount for any debris, even a tiny bit will cause this problem.
Also make sure its fully seated and attached correctly.
I will stick with you, if this works, please rate kindly but if not hold off and don't rate yet.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have tried again it is still making the noise and not working :( I have even wiped around it inside no residue or anything. It did originally have a penny in it.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Christina can you explain the sound?
Does it sound like a grinding or anything like that?
Tech Mike
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
a motor running maybe a pump not being able to suck up the water.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Christina,
What was the exact reason you cleaned the filter? Was the error message F02?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes it was there was a penny in it.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** usually has to do with too much suds and not draining properly.
Are you sure the issue is that it wont fill?
Just need to be sure lol;-)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I know. It's happened before. After I cleaned the filter I expected it to work fine again but it doesn't take any fresh water in now I can't her any water coming in when I try and set the load off again! It comes up with the same error message again.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Christina,
This sounds like one of two things one the main control board has failed, (but I highly doubt that).
I suspect the filter or the filter housing is at fault. This machine has a switch that will not allow the unit to fill if the filter is out of place.Also it was fine before replacing the filter. That said, the filter may not be seating correctly to engage the sensor.
You would need to have an appliance tech to replace the filter unless you are handy. If so, and you have a some good quality hand tools I could walk you through the replacement, of this housing and also let you know the best place to buy those parts.
Please let me know.
Please rate my service to you, kindly before closing this page you will still have access to me and you can contact me anytime
simply by replying to this message at no additional cost;-)
Thank you Christina and have a great day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Michael.
I will try contacting mytag as it's less than a year old if they can't help I will get back in the morning? Looks like I'm finishing the load by hand :( Sod's law it has loads of muddy football stuff in it. :)