Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

why does my oven turn off when i release the knob after lighting

why does my oven turn off when i release the knob after lighting and sometimes when it stays on turns off after the door has been closed
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 3 years ago.
Plumberpro :

Hi . your oven has a flame supervision device. This is there to detect the flame . if this is in need of replacing then it will cut off the gas to the oven . but would advise gettingvit serviced by a gas safe engineer as hevvents could be blocked, burner dirty .is the burner a clear blue flame ?

Customer:

it is to start then goes orangey

Plumberpro :

Ok .it needs a full service ,strip down and clean .should be around 100 pounds. If the flame is that colour it means its producing carbon monoxide. Recommend a device asap

Customer:

will that include the money for a part being cheeky now

Plumberpro :

The part is about 35 pounds, so you are looking at a job fee of around 140 to 150 ,