Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Gas cooker specialist
46681511

POTTERTON KINGFISHER BOILER My boiler will fire up on central

POTTERTON KINGFISHER BOILER
My boiler will fire up on central heating but, if I DEMAND DOMESTIC HOT WATER ONLY it will not fire up. I have changed the cylinder thermostat as it seemed to have an intermittent fault. The 3 way valve was sluggish in operation so I have changed this also. I am thinking it may be the boiler controller unit. hope you can assist
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 3 years ago.
Plumberpro :

Hi . do you have a multi Meter?

Plumberpro :

If you have replaced the programmer, cyl stat and motorised valve , then just need to confirm the wiring with you if that's ok

Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 3 years ago.
Can you confirm the whole 3 port valve has been swapped and not just the head?It sounds like everything was wired correctly if it was working but just slow - this is normally caused by grit and sludge in the system and especially around the 3 port valve
Andrew Smith, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Gas cooker specialist