canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

Model ZKI 245 built in washing machine Cannot get to start.

Model ZKI 245 built in washing machine
Cannot get to start. No reaction or lights to button pressing
Only item we could check is
fuse in plug but nothing wrong withb fuse
Any suggestion welcome
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 3 years ago.
canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. If you plug something else into the outlet, do you have power at the outlet?

Customer: Yes. Plug socket works for other appliances
canuck the pro :

That particular one works also?

Customer: Should mention appliance is not mine but my sons. He does not live at my address
Customer: Yes we tried other appliances in the plug socket so supect
Customer: It us ometjing to do with washer
canuck the pro :

The issue is likely the door interlocking device. If it is shorted it will not make contact. You may even see evidence of scorching on the door interlock also. It would have to be replaced or tested with a multi-meter to be sure or bypassed.

canuck the pro :

Yes, I see. Almost certainly the door interlock. It can be accessed from the front and if you or your son are quite handy it is not extremely difficult to replace.

Customer: So you feel we should have n expert come out o see machine or is here ometjing he can do. ?
canuck the pro :

Looks like we were typing at the same time! Did my previous comment answer your following question?

Customer: It gives me answer but oes he need to get an expert to see machine or is there something he can do ?
Customer: ???
canuck the pro :

It really depends on his handiness level. If he is not accustomed to fixing similar items then it would be best to get a professional in.

canuck the pro :

It would not take a professional long to repair especially now that you could tell the professional what to bring for repair.

Customer: Ok appreciate your answer and speed of response
Customer: Ill pass ing
canuck the pro :

You are very welcome

Customer: Ill pass info to him
canuck the pro :

Very good.