Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Hi i have a siemens s 14. 39 and i am having trouble with

i have a siemens s 14. 39 and i am having trouble with it .It won,t spin and f43 comes up on panel,pleaser can you help.
Gary
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 2 years ago.
canuck the pro :

Hi Gary, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. Start the machine and initiate the fault code. Turn the knob to off. Turn the knob to 6 o'clock position. Press and hold the spin button. (it may be marked RPM) Turn the knob to the next position at the 7 o'clock position then release the button. Turn the knob to off. This should erase the fault code and reset the Printed Circuit Board. If it does not then there is a fault with the board and it needs to be replaced.

Customer:

canuck the pro :

Hello Gary.

Customer:

On my siemens s 14.39 i don,t have spin button it automaticaly sets spin speed to what ever cycle you choose

canuck the pro :

Is there an RPM button?

Customer:

no

Customer:

the spin button is on the main dial at the bottom when you turn dial to spin it tells who how long it will take on the display.

canuck the pro :

I will have to opt out and open to other experts. My service manual is quite old. They must have changed how to reset it.

Customer:

ok thanks

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Lets get the correct model number. If you open the door there will be a sticker on the inside. On there is the model number It will start E-nr can you post this please.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

E-Nr.wm14S392GB/10 FD 8802 200809

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok the F43 is a motor fault but sometimes by clearing the code it can cure it.

If you look at the control panel you will see the spin speed lights. Under there is a button, This is the spin button.

So turn the washer off
Then turn the dial to the 6 oclock position
Then press and hold that button below the spin lights.
Then turn the dial 1 click clockwise.
Let go of the button after a few seconds and then turn the dial to off.

Then turn it back on and see what happens. If it doest clear it or the code comes back again then you need to remove the motor from the back of the washer at the bottom and check the carbon brushes in the back of the motor and see if they have worn. As most of the time for this error code its worn brushes in the motor that causes it.

Let me know how it goes or if you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

done that and it seems to have cleared the fault,running it through cycle now.

Many thanks Gary

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

No worries. Sometimes it can be a one off but if it does it again then you need to check the brushes in the motor.

Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.