Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

The Hotpoint Freezer Mistral FZ 7 does not appear to be operative.

The Hotpoint Freezer Mistral FZ 7 does not appear to be operative. We have tried changing the control button at the top of the freezer with the FF light on but do not know what the normal setting is or which of the tree lights should be on.
Regards,
Mike
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 3 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Hi Mike, sorry to hear you have got a problem with the freezer. Firstly, the appliance is electronically controlled with a pcb behind the facia panel (ie where the temperature control knob is) You should have three lights, Green this indicates that you have electric to the appliance. Yellow/Orange which is the fast freeze button and red which is the alarm light (this indicates if the temperature is outside that set) From what you have said both red and orange are on? Set the temperature control to the centre point ~ moving around the back put your hand on the compressor (motor) and tell me if it is hot or just luke warm and can you hear a clicking every now and again ~ come back to me with your results.

Customer:

Hi Ian,

Customer:

I am back from work and can report the following.

Customer:

I am home form work and can report the following factors

Customer:

Hi Ian,