Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Dishwasher makes noise when activated but does not fill. When

Dishwasher makes noise when activated but does not fill. When opening door / interupting cycle, light on left ( hot intense wash ) flashes whatever cycle was originally selected. Machine not used for some time and may have been run recently with water tap OFF.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi could you explain the noise it makes, is it like a low hum, etc?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

A bit louder than a low hum.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi thanks, ***** ***** need to remove the bottom kick plate to hear better.
I need to know if this sound is coming from the main motor, or the drain pump, or the water inlet valve.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I dropped the kick plate...sort of put my hand inside,tried fiddle with motor. Turned machine on again . And now just low hum....appears to be from motor....like it sounds stuck. when i opened the door left light no longer flashing. possible unlike b4 depress P button 5 secs and 3 beeps ,can change program.

Restarted machine,no longer low hum....motor ' seems ' to work......opened door quite soon....rotor blades dry.

There was some residual water when i dropped kick plate.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks John thats exactly what I wanted you to do.
What you need to do, is try to turn the motor shaft it is likely just a stuck pump impeller.
Please rate my service to you, kindly before closing this page you will still have access to me and you can contact me anytime
simply by replying to this message at no additional cost;-)
Thank you and have a great day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

how do i turn the motor shaft.....just low hum now when i turned on. everything sheathed in plastic.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi John you may need to remove the motor or drop down the entire plastic housing to get to the pumps impeller and shaft;-)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Managed to poke screw driver in to motor housing. Motor started onrectivation....but shortly after stops/ goes to low hum.....then 4 beeps,gap in between .....has started again....and now stopped....

Is it now working ok ?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi John,
you did well, the unit may have something stuck in the impeller that is run by that motor.
You will need to take it apart and check and clean as needed.
If you find that the impeller is sticking, you need to replace that part.
If you find the motor is sticking its time to replace the motor.
The best place to get those parts is: Espares
Sales/Parts
0844 9777 888
After sales
0333 4007 888
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays
For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.
Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
Thanks John, please rate kindly and have a great day!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Now when i open the door the middle 2 of 4 lights flashing. Might this indicate no water going in ? re manual.

Are connector taps ALWAYS ON CLOCKWISE....or should i try anticlockwise. It is because of this possible confusion that machine may have been run with tap off.I cannot tell without disconnecting the tap....and while it's possible....i am reluctant as all pipes and fittings might move and leave me with drips.

I will try.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi ANTI CLOCKWISE is on!
LOL!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

YES. Machine appears to be working AOK now !!!!!

I read confusing info about dishwasher / washing machine taps being turned on clockwise....online info....hence confusion.

Michael, thanx for guiding me thro this. I did suspect motor sticking problems and doubted whether water was on but with your guidance dropped the kick plate. Perhaps the 4 beeps and 2 flashing lights as detailed in manual should've indicated to you water wasn't going in. I nearly gave up at the point when you said clean motor,etc. I stubbornly continued ....knowing the cost of getting an ' expert ' in.

I've been living in Goa,India where it's incredibly cheap and i'm new to UK / European prices. I've taken over my ( deceased ) parents house from my dad's second wife ( last october )....and haven't used the dishwasher...once last november.

Machine is still running ok ...i'm timing the cycle....but i reckon all good now. I won't go out until it's finished.

This www is good...but if i was a helpless housewife for instance....it wouldn't help her. And i own a screwdriver too....LOL

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
LOL! You are more than welcome John!
Please rate my service kindly.
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.