Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

CDA SV310SS - The touch screen display has failed to illuminate.

CDA SV310SS - The touch screen display has failed to illuminate. It was working in 'demo' mode when it made one short beep and stopped. The oven light was working, etc, but there is no apparent way to start it up now. Any ideas? There are two circuit boards which appear to be in good order with no blown capacitors, etc.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Good morning,
I am sorry to hear about that.
when you try the touch screen even though it doesn't illuminate do you get any beeps or actions?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, nothing - no noise, beep or illumination.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for that information. In this case you should check to see if there is power going to the board.
But in almost every case that is going to be ok and the cause is that board will need to be replaced(the display board).
Its easy enough to replace with just a few good basic hand tools and I will help you if you need.
Here is the site:http://www.buyspares.co.uk/cda-spares/shop.pl
But its best to call for this part so here is their phone contact information as well: Order by Phone
0844(###) ###-####
Please rate my service to you, kindly before closing this page you will still have access to me and you can contact me anytime
simply by replying to this message at no additional cost;-)
Thank you and have a great day!
Tech Michael