Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I bought 2 D/L dehumidifiers from amazon & 1 has stopped collecting

Customer Question

I bought 2 D/L dehumidifiers from amazon & 1 has stopped collecting water. can you help
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear that, I am Tech Michael
I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and may take a bit of conversation to get the issue narrowed down and solved.
How old is your dehumidifier?
Also may I have the full model #?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

1 yr old

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for that.
Is it just under 1 year or just over 1 year that is important from the warranty standpoint;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

October 2013

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Ok sounds good, this is a warranty issue. Some of these units had an issue with the control circuitry failing.
You need to contact Amazon for replacement. They are very good with this so you shouldn't have any problems. Also I will be here for you in case you have further questions:-)
Please rate my service to you, kindly before closing this page you will still have access to me and you can contact me anytime
simply by replying to this message at no additional cost;-)
Thank you and have a great day!
Tech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I m not sure if you rated me as poor service by accident? I have been a well respected Tech here for over 7 years and a hands on Tech for over 30 years.
The advice I gave is the best thing to do considering the until is likely still under warranty. Either the cooling unit has failed or the main control circuit is bad.
But usually with these its control circuit(a bad relay).
The best thing to do is contact Amazon, they are awesome about returns and exchanges. Note: I will let customer service know about this, also it wont cost you anything to re rate to at least Ok service.
If you want to work on this yourself, I will help you there as well. but since it is so new you should simply get a replacement;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

you didn't do anything you merely passed me on. the d/h has now been collected

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
H thanks for changing your rating.
I am still here if you need me. We had internet issues yesterday sorry about the delay;-)
Amazon is very good with replacement or repair.
I am here if you have any additional questions on this.