George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a locked up Siemens IQ Washing machine circa 2004, I

Customer Question

I have a locked up Siemens IQ Washing machine circa 2004, I am unable to open the doors after going through a normal wash process. I've tried unpluging and also deactivating the child proof lock situated behind small cover on the bottom right of the machine, all to no effect, the door lock is still activated. How can I get round this problem?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 3 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** you need to ask for more info, please do. Kindly be patient whilst awaiting responses, I'm only here part-time.

George-Allsorts :

Does the machine still have water in it?

George-Allsorts :

If the appliance still contains water then you will be unable to open the door... Drain any water in the appliance via the filter.. then attempt to open the door

George-Allsorts :

If the appliance does not have any water in it, then take off the lid after disengaging any power... Put your hand down the inside of the front panel to the door latch and push the latch toward the drum.. pull the door toward you at the same time