Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

When I switch on my Bosch dishwasher on any wash programme

Customer Question

When I switch on my Bosch dishwasher on any wash programme the machine starts to fill with water - but very slowly - and the valve attached to the end of the cold water supply hose (and fixed to the cold water supply valve) makes a buzzing noise and gets hot. After approx 1 minute the check water warning lights up and the machine keeps cycling between filling with water and trying to wash - but never really starts the wash cycle. Appreciate any help you can offer. Thanks
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

OK is looks like the water metering system is blocked. Start by disconnecting it from the water, drain and electric and pulling it out so you can get around it remove the top and left hand side panel (from the front ~ you will need a Torx 20 screwdriver) Once this is done you will see I large white matrix clipped to the side, check and see if the top and bottom areas are clogged with scum. If so you need to clean them out or if it is bad replace the matrix. Whilst doing this check that the sump hose to this matrix is not also blocked. Once you have done this put it back together and see if this works ~ if not come back to me and we can go to the next stage ~ Ian