Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

hi i have a hotpoint aquarius wma58 range. the prewash light

Customer Question

hi i have a hotpoint aquarius wma58 range. the prewash light comes on in the middle of a wash program.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

This fault is usually due to a blocked filter and indicates that the machine is taking too long to drain. Take the washing machine out having disconnected it from the electric, water supply and drain. At the back remove the back cover and you will see where the sump hose connects to the tub, unscrew this and take out all the junk, clean it all out and reassemble and fingers crossed you should be up and running, if you still have a problem get back to me ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-1lf0jf2f- :

hi i have done what you said and it still does it i have just done a G wash and it stops 40 mins into the wash thank you.

OK put it on a hot wash say 90oC and now put the drain hose in the sink (You may have to tie it or loop it around one of the taps) and see if it pumps out the water at the end of the wash cycle and confirm the water is hot