Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Candy Evo washing machine and had an error code 08.

Customer Question

I have a Candy Evo washing machine and had an error code 08. The bushes were worn and i replaced them but inadvertently damaged the motor. I ordered a brand new replacement motor. The motor is fitted and now it wont spin.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

First things first ~ can you advise if the motor is rotating during the wash cycle or only during the spin phase?

Dales-Electronic :

secondly, are you 110% sure that you have the plug in the correct way and that it is exactly the same motor?

JACUSTOMER-lqk8cwc6- :

Neither - the motor is not rotating

JACUSTOMER-lqk8cwc6- :

The plug is definately in the right way and the motor was ordered machine serial number specific. The machine has just returned an error code 08 again.

Dales-Electronic :

OK assuming that you have the correct motor, that the plug is firmly plugged in the correct way around and that all spade connectors are intact you will now need to follow the wires from the motor up to the control board. You will need a multimeter to do this. If all the cables are OK it is likely that the pcb was damaged during your earlier repair ~ if you let me have the model number I will have a look and see whats available. Error 8 indicates that the pcb is not receiving any speed/direction information from the motor. So its either motor, cables or pcb fault ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-lqk8cwc6- :

Model - Candy Grand Evo 1683 DW-80

Dales-Electronic :

Just check this for me ~ is this the one with the small pcb fitted on the left hand side rear base area?

JACUSTOMER-lqk8cwc6- :

Yes - behind a small plastic cover. The cover has the following on it if it is any help INVENSYS 3723CB.

Dales-Electronic :

Electric off this board is LIVE ~ OK making sure that you note the way the connections go to this board (felt pen marker on cover) take out the board and look on the back of the board ~ from memory there was a problem with one of the relays (a rectangular component on other size of board usually grey or light blue in colour) becoming loose on the board. With a keen eye or magnifiying glass check that the legs of the relay are all solidly soldered onto this pcb. If you find one that is loose then you have found your problem ~ either solder it back to the board of get a mate to do it for you 90% of the time you will get away with it. If this is not the problem come back to me. If it solves your problem kindly rate my responses ~ good luck !! ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-lqk8cwc6- :

Information provided is solid and logical to follow - thank you Ian. I have rated OK for the time being and maybe if I can come back to you and fix the problem I can upgrade my rating - thanks again.

Dales-Electronic :

Many thanks for that ~ keep me in the loop always good to know you have helped solve a problem ~ take care - Ian