George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162
Appliance

Dishwasher S54M45X1GB/10The outer door has slipped, needs

Neff integrated Dishwasher S54M45X1GB/10

The outer... Show More

The outer door has slipped, needs adjustment. How do I access the fittings? Many different screw heads visible on the inner door, but I don't know which are the relevant ones to loosen. Thank you

Show Less
replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** you need to ask for more info, please do. Kindly be patient whilst awaiting responses, I'm only here part-time.

When you say it has slipped, what do you mean?

George-Allsorts :

Do you mean it has dropped down?

George-Allsorts :

Which part are you trying to access?

Customer:

Hi George.

George-Allsorts :

Good morning

Customer:

The outer (wooden) door attached to the dishwasher has somehow slipped down about 3mm (judging from the adjacent appliance door), and is catching on the kickboard beneath the kitchen units. I need to loosen the outer door from its fixings, adjust relative height, then retighten. There are many screwheads visible on the inner surface of the dishwasher door, but I do not know which are related to the outer door fixing.

George-Allsorts :

Ok, now I understand your problem.. One moment whilst I look to see which type of catchment your appliance has

George-Allsorts :

If you pull back the bottom of the door slightly, you will see two hooks that fit into recesses/cut-outs on the door... slide the door upwards until those hooks are in-line with the recesses and then push the door panel toward the door

George-Allsorts :

Once hooked, keeping the door pressed downward from the top of the door, there will be two holes vacant for screws, normally half way down the door, or approx 6 inches from the bottom... Two long screws go through those holes and into the exterior door cover

George-Allsorts :

If that is not clear, please let me know

George-Allsorts :

On some of the dishwashers the bottom two screws in the plastic facia also hold the outer door cover

George-Allsorts :

Confirmed.. It is both the top left and right screws and the middle left and right screws..

Here is a link to the fixing instructions for that model .. Please download it and then let me know you have done so in order that I can remove it.. FIXING INSTRUCTIONS

Customer:

George,

Customer:

Thank you. That gives me the information I need