Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

How do I get marks from the hinge side of my new fridge doors?

How do I get marks from the hinge side of my new fridge doors? Looks like there was some kind of packing tape on each side , no labels so not the same glue as the others which have come off easily. Have not used anything on it yet as dont want to damage the finish. Is it polished or laquered? Thanks
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Hi you can use simple lighter fluid to remove the adhesive and marks;-) Please let me know how that goes. Also there are products such as Goof Off, its best to ask a local hardware store what they carry for this that wont harm the finish;-)

Thank you Tech Michael

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for providing an answer but we wont be using anything like chemical stuff as we arent sure if it will eat into the surface of the doors! If we do this and it makes a permanent mark then the guarantee is invalid. I think we'll have to get the potpint person our to do it themselves so we are covered .

Thanks anyway.

J.Parker

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Judy, you could always wash that off, and it doesn't affect the finish, elbow grease will do it too but it tough to do it that way.
I always wonder why they use such a strong adhesive:-(
have a great day Judy and please don't forget to rate my service to you today.
Tech Michael