Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

teka hob model VT TC 60.3. One of the electric heating plates

Customer Question

teka hob model VT TC 60.3. One of the electric heating plates is not working. Serial no. 402789 Typ C2HSQHOOC part 2003/09/17. I assume after nearly 10 years this spare part is not longer available. Can I order the entire hob instead?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi wow isn't it ridiculous ho they don't support their products for very long;-(
Do you need the same HOB?Or something better as there are better units out there I can help you locate.
Please let me know.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ideally I would just like to have the spare part to repair the broken plate. My electrician has written it down. Teka model VTTC60.3 Serial No, 402789 Typ C2HSQHOOC. Part 2003/09/17. ********** 1700-700W. That's the info he wrote down.

How much does the Teka complete hob cost. What are the costs of the newer models and will they be the same size? Thank you.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Monika,
we can find you a new hob if needed, but try this place first for the heating element
Please call part select: Let me know if they have it.
You may need to get that from the US:PartSelect's Customer Service is available toll-free at 1-888-895-1535 from 7:00 AM to 1:00 Am
or try these guys as well: Teka: Order by Phone: 0844 55 72 510 UK.
I will also help you replace that, its pretty easy as well.
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don't forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day Monika!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for the info. but could you give me an idea of the cost of replacing the entire hob. it needn't be exact just an idea. Sometimes it costs a lot just to replace a part too.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Monika, the hob costs about $450.00 US.
Fot this part you need its a simple replacement and easy as well, not very expensive either.
I know sometimes parts are crazy priced. but not this one we will find it for you if they don't have one;-)
Please rate kindly.
Tech Mike
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for the hob price info. it will definitely have to be the spare part!

I rang the Teka no. and they don't seem to have it but they are looking for it and will ring/email me in the next couple of days. So we will see. If not then I would like to get back to you to find it for me.

Monika

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Soinds good Monika
Please rate my service to you I will be here for you when you need;-)
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries
I may have another supplier for you if Teka let you down but I need to know if the heating element is (a) 180mm double, (b) 180mm single or (c) 145mm single. Give me a ping if you need further help ~ good luck - Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it is a 180mm double. Thank you

OK should cost you around £50 for that ~ Ian
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ian is correct also. Its just another supplier, we will find that fir you if you still have difficulty.
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please dont forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day !
Tech Michael