George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

We have just moved in. The dishwasher appears not to heat up

We have just moved in. The dishwasher appears not to heat up as the "wax" seal on the cleaning product does not melt & the cleaning product bottle is intact after the cycle. We are loathe to bring in an engineer as it may just be our ignorance in using the correct setting. We don't have a user manual. Any suggestions?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 3 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** you need to ask for more info, please do. Kindly be patient whilst awaiting responses, I'm only here part-time.

George-Allsorts :

Can I have the full model/product number of your appliance please

Customer:

Indesit Dishwasher DVG622KXUK

George-Allsorts :

One moment whilst I try get you a User Manual for this product

George-Allsorts :

Manual for DVG622KIX

George-Allsorts :

The likleyhood is that your heater has gone.. I can instruct you on the part and how to fit it if you can hold on

George-Allsorts :

Your system uses thermostat and heater element... and bot will need to be checked in order to ascertain the fault source... Are you able to use a multimeter?

Customer:

I don't think DIY is something I want to tackle as I've just moved in & I'm a pensioner with plenty of other priorities associated with moving in. It looks as though I need an engineer on site. How to find someone local & reliable that's not as pricey as Indesit themselves?

George-Allsorts :

One moment and I'll assist with that.. can you let me know your postcode area

Customer:

CW7 Winsford

George-Allsorts :

thank you.. one moment please

George-Allsorts :

Home Aids Services (Whitegoods Trade Association)
Stoke-On-Trent
Phone: #01782-212077

Pattersons Quality Service Ltd
Stockport
Phone: #0161-477-3725

24-7 Appliance Repairs Company
Warrington
Phone: #0800-051-7486

Customer: