Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hi My Samsung Freezer RZ80FBBB which is not very old has just

My Samsung Freezer RZ80FBBB which is not very old has just stopped working. The alarm light is on so there is power to the unit. When I open and close the door the light in the freezer intermittently comes on but mainly there appears to be no life in the freezer. At the moment all of the digital display is off and the whole thing seems dead. Help|||
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am Tech Michael, I am sorry to hear that.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and I want to guide you the best way possible to save you money and time;-)
How old is your freezer exactly?
Can you hear the compressor behind the unit?
Also any heavy frost on the rear wall inside your freezer?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael

I purchased it in January 2013. There is no noise at all coming from the unit. There does not appear to be any heavy frost on the rear wall. The alarm light has come on again.

Gary

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Gary, this is most likely the main control board in the back of the unit. But since it is so new, I wouldn't replace it. That part is expensive but you are still fully covered under the manufacturers warranty. You will need to call them to set up repair.
Samsung is very good about this.
If for some reason you want to replace the main board please let me know as we can go a lot further with this;-)
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don't forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day !
Tech Michael
Please call Samsung Warranty:
Repair Service Center Locations
UNITED KINGDOM & IRELAND
0330 SAMSUNG (7267864)
Monday - Saturday: 9am - 6pm
Sunday: CLOSED
Click here to find your nearest service center.
Please note that our opening hours may change on public and bank holidays. To maintain and improve the quality of our service, we may monitor and/or record telephone calls. If you need to call us from overseas, or prefer not to use 0330 SAMSUNG, you can call +44 (0)1932 454358. Call costs vary - please contact your provider for details.