Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

BASE ELEMENT WIRING CAME OFFBLUE AND RED WHICH CONNECTS TO

Customer Question

BASE ELEMENT WIRING CAME OFFBLUE AND RED WHICH CONNECTS TO WICH CONNECTION
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Have you just got two wires and one element to connect to ~ no earth?

Dales-Electronic :

Also be helpful if you gave me the model number so I can have a look at the element and confirm its not a funny.

JACUSTOMER-rsz2cyig- :

fagor oven 2h-114b

Dales-Electronic :

OK and did it have an earth connection?

JACUSTOMER-rsz2cyig- :

can't find a wire

Dales-Electronic :

OK looking at the element, you have two wires going to each side of the element and a short earth link that goes to one side outer casing ~ see photo https://connections.connect-distribution.co.uk/cv6/product_img.pl?pid=977429 connect the red and blue wires to eash side of the element (it is not critical which way around) then go looking for a spare earth wire, it may be connected to another element or in some cases there isn't one at all. Just make sure you haven't got a spare wire floating around that can short out onto something. Hope that helps ~ Once you are happy that all is in order and working ~ kindly rate my answers, thanks ~ Ian

Dales-Electronic :

Sorry I have just read that back and to clarify - take the red wire and connect it to one side of the element and the blue to the other side.

Dales-Electronic :

If you have no earth wire disregard the connection.

Thank you for your positive rating ~ hope you are now up and running, if I can be of any further help please feel free to call back ~ have a good weekend ~ Regards ***** *****