canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

The freezer was inadvertently left open all night .The temperature

The freezer was inadvertently left open all night .The temperature rose to plus 4. The contents cover everything meat fruit pasta etc etc. Something's were semi soft. We have now closed the door,put on fast freeze and max temperature.In your opinion will we be ok or do we have to dump the lot? Thank you.
Regards ***** ***** Eileen Hayes
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 2 years ago.
canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. It should be fine but if you find that the freezer does not reach temperature any more then you will have to defrost the evaporator. It should be fine if this is the first time this has happened. I doubt the food got thawed beyond reversal. I am sure that the food will be fine to continue to freeze also.