Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

i HAD A POWER FAILURE WHILE OVEN WAS ON AND LIGHTS ON THE OVEN

i HAD A POWER FAILURE WHILE OVEN WAS ON AND LIGHTS ON THE OVEN (WHICH IS A BEKO odf 21300 mode)) KEEP FLASHING. WHEN I TURNED POWER BACK THE LIGHTS ARE STILL FLASHING HOW DO I RESET THE OVEN
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Look at the link attached ~ http://ao.com/product/ODF21300B-Beko-Electric-Double-Oven-Black-21286.aspx?cmredirectionvalue=ODF21300,ODF21300 its a bit of a sales blurb but looking at the clock, on switch on you should get flashing digits, press the lower left button with the clock symbol and using the up and down buttons set the time, all things being equal you are now in manual mode and can continue cooking. Hope that helps, if not come back to me if it solves the problem kindly rate my answer. Have a great weekend ~ Ian

Customer:

tried that but still not working

Dales-Electronic :

Have you pressed and held in the lower clock one and then tried the up and down buttons?

Dales-Electronic :

OK just checked this one is fitted with two different clocks ~ to set your clock, push the up/down button and release once the selected time is set, afew seconds later the clock will lock and you can continue using the appliance. If you need the manual I have a link to

Dales-Electronic :

to the user manual ~ Ian

Customer:

have tried that too but still not working

Customer:

sorry for delay in replying visitors landed unannounced

Customer:

will keep in touch with you ung

Customer:

wiil stay in touch over weekend as i neeed my oven

Customer:

am going out now for 2 hours

Customer:

will try you later or else later tomorrow thks

Dales-Electronic :

OK catch you later or tomorrow

Customer:

am atc

Customer:

am at cooker now if u are free.

Dales-Electronic :

OK I am here I will fire you across the instruction manual which I hope will help, if not come back and we will try something else ~http://downloads.beko.co.uk/bekoupload/manuals/ODF22300_21300.pdf I had a look through it yesterday from memory resetting the clock is on page 14. Hope that helps, if so kindly rate my information, if not come back to me ~ Ian

Customer:

have already tried that as I HAVE THE MANUAL BUT IT WONT WORK EITHER

Dales-Electronic :

Mmmm OK can you tell me how many buttons the thing has on the front, lets get back to basics?

Customer: It has 4 a + and - on right and clock button on bottom left and light button on top right
Customer:

+ @- are on right and others on left

Dales-Electronic :

OK which ever way we read this its confusing ~ try this way, switch the power off on the wall then switch back on. Now set the time with the up/down buttons once set leave the timer and tell me if some short time later it locks with central colon flashing but numbers static

Customer:

have just tufned on power and it is working again. why?I don

Customer:

t know

Customer:

while setting clocj

Customer:

k it has gone again

Dales-Electronic :

OK you have a faulty timer ~ to allow you to use the oven switch off the power, leave it off for ten minutes, switch it back on but do not adjust the clock. This should allow you to use it on manual whilst you get another timer. Cost of the timer is about £43 ~ not to difficult to change.

Customer: Ok thks for your help
Dales-Electronic :

OK sorry I couldn't solve you problem ~ digital timers are a nightmare in this industry the electronic components don't like the heat. Would you kindly rate my service so that we can close the job down. If I can give you more advice re part numbers or where to go for the part kindly give me a call ~ Ian