George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Bosch KTR15V20GB fridge and am trying to clean the

I have a Bosch KTR15V20GB fridge and am trying to clean the drip tray above the compressor as it has some 'spilt milk' - can it be removed or does it need to be cleaned in-situ
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** you need to ask for more info, please do. Kindly be patient whilst awaiting responses, I'm only here part-time.

Please allow me a few minutes to peruse the diagram for your appliance

George-Allsorts :

Your drip tay is removable... please be careful of any pipes leading into the driptray from the refrigerator

George-Allsorts :

Lift the tray directly upward to remove it from the compressor

Customer:

I have tried that - there appears to be a 'silver clip' in the center stopping it rising too far

George-Allsorts :

Full Size Image

George-Allsorts :

If there is a clip, it will be removable

George-Allsorts :

Have you found how to remove the clip?

Customer:

No luck - try as I might I cannot get the 'clip' to move and the tray does not seem to want to come off - I'll finish by turn (with force) the tray and cleaning as much as possible - many thanks

George-Allsorts :

one moment ...

George-Allsorts :

Is it the type of tray that slides on rails.. or the type that lifts up?

Customer:

It has no rails - it appears to have a lip around the 'suction connection' unit that requires the tray to be lifted.

Customer:

Have just noticed a place where it may drain away under neath which might be blocked - need to get a small bowl before I poke it ;-)

George-Allsorts :

Has that got a tube on it?

Customer:

No just the spout - I am just about to nudge

George-Allsorts :

The drip tray is usually fixed in the center Is this where yours is fixed?

Customer:

Yes

George-Allsorts :

Im going to pause the timer for a moment whilst I look at the tray.. back soon

Customer:

Hi George - have now cleaned out with sponge and kitchen towel. Put more hot water and kitchen cleaner in and left to soak. Then managed to clean that out - looks a lot better and smell has gone. Least I now know what the source and spilling milk in fridge means need to clean drip tray. Many thanks - we'll call it a day :-)

Customer:

Going to rate at Good Service as you put in a lot of effort - again many thanks Barry