Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

we have digital electronic 6th sense, fridge/freezer. model

Customer Question

we have digital electronic 6th sense, fridge/freezer. model 4.81248E+1
There is no indication lights on the panel, there is noise coming from the unit, but pressing reset and other buttons is having no affect. The fridge side does light up when opening door. We suspect the problem is on the freezer side but reluctant to open the door.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 3 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Can you kindly recheck the Manufacturer and model number, I cannot find this model listed anywhere. Thanks ~ Ian

Dales-Electronic :

If its a Whirlpool this may be of help http://docs.whirlpool.eu/_doc/501931501055GB.pdf but as the control panel is mounted in the door the first thing that I would check is if the cable that usually connects in the top freezer hinge area (under the hinge cover) is firmly connected. Come back to me if you need further help ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-9921h176- :

Hi Ian

JACUSTOMER-9921h176- :

Hi Ian, Whirlpool digital Electronic 6th sense, does this help you. The model no i gave you was on the Domestic & General schedule when it was insured, which was cancelled 2011-----------Peter

JACUSTOMER-9921h176- :

Unable to find cable, but on opening the door it appears freezer is working as motor started up.

Dales-Electronic :

God bless D&G !! See if you make any progress with the above document and also check the connector under the top hinge cover, also check inside the freezer, you wont lose too much cold if you quickly open the door put your hand in a test the food ~ I'll be back in about an hour to recheck how you are getting on. OK ~ I need you to find me the proper model number and then I can get a copy of the manual and see where everything goes should be stuck on a rating label likely inside the unit stuck to the sidewall or at the back ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-9921h176- :

Hi found the details inside the fridge, SB54OW----------or 20RI-D3 SF, hope this helps

Dales-Electronic :

OK leave it with me I'll see what we can dig up

Dales-Electronic :

Can you see if you can see a 12 digit code on the plate, usually starts 85 ?

JACUSTOMER-9921h176- :

Hi thankfully the freezer is working, but panel is without lighting indicators.

JACUSTOMER-9921h176- :

858641115010, pls confirm if this is the model no so i can make a note

Dales-Electronic :

Model number is ~ 20RI-D3 SF also keep a not of the NC number as you may be asked for this its the product code. Just as a starter I enclose the instruction manual ~ http://docs.whirlpool.eu/_doc/501931502026GB.pdf

Dales-Electronic :

If you go to page 14 it refers to vacation mode ~ the appliance has not gone into vacation mode has it?

JACUSTOMER-9921h176- :

Morning Ian i will check and come back to you later today after work

Dales-Electronic :

OK speak to you later

JACUSTOMER-9921h176- :

JACUSTOMER-9921h176- :

hi tried the vacation mode button but still no lights on panel, but freezer is working?

Dales-Electronic :

Hi Peter, If the appliance is still working I think we have either a display board problem or alternatively the cable connections from the power board to the display. If you can give me till tomorrow I will get the service manual and have a look at where the cables go ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-9921h176- :

ok thanks

Dales-Electronic :

OK Peter ~ let me explain how it all works and then you will be able to follow things ~ power comes in at the back and connect to a large pcb called the power board, The electrical/electronic connections then pass along cables to various parts of the appliance such as to fans, lights and the control panel at the front. If the control panel goes blank then you have a fault with either the control panel pcb, the power board or the cabling. There is one weakness and that is where the cables pass down inside the freezer door hinge and down inside the door to the control panel. That is the only point where (other than at their plug in connectors to the two boards) the cables can move. So firstly take off the top hinge panel and check that the wiring is not broken or chaffed. If this is found to be OK and you can check continuity between the two boards then the problem is with one or both of the two boards. In the meantime what has happened is that the fridge freezer has gone back to its factory setting and will continue to run until such time as the fault is rectified.

Dales-Electronic :

Keep me in the loop and let me know how you are getting on, and once you are happy with things kindly rate my service ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-9921h176- :

Hi removed top hinge cover and all looked ok, the freezer/fridge interior lights are working, which may or not be of interest?

Dales-Electronic :

I think what I would do in Your position is take off the facia panel and see if you can see any damage to its connectors or the board itself ie scorch/burn marks or just a lose plug. Likely this will be the cheapest board to replace ~ I will check when I get back to the office and give you an idea of costings

JACUSTOMER-9921h176- :

ok, does it just pull off, as no fixings are evident?

Dales-Electronic :

Looks like the top front section covers screws that hold it on to the door ~ I'll send you the service manual across in a moment

JACUSTOMER-9921h176- :

Hi, If you sent the service manual I dont appear to have received it?

Dales-Electronic :

OK can you text me an email address where I can send it to and I'll send if across as a pdf doc. My mobile number is #07748 928831 Thanks ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-9921h176- :

*****@******.***

Dales-Electronic :

Sorry but the system doesn't let me see clients email addresses, this is why I need you to send it to my mobile

Dales-Electronic : Hi Peter, I hope the information was useful and allowed you to solve your problem ~ if I can be of any further service feel free to call. If you are happy with the information kindly rate my service. Ian
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I removed the panel, nothing obvious wrong. The ice maker facility is also not working.

Could it be the PCB?

Yes I think we are in a situation of having to replace the boards as we have discounted the cables and the rest of the system ~ give me afew mins and I will get the part numbers for you ~ Ian
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

you were forwarding part no?

Havent forgotten you still awaiting a response from Whirlpool there are about 50 variants of this appliance ~ Ian
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok sorry

OK here are you part numbers ~ facia control board 4812 453 10084 and power board 4812 440 79019 personally I would change the facia control board first and see if that sorts out the issue ~ Ian
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, Ian

We have just returned from a 5 day holiday.

he part I believe is at my office, I will therefore fit asap.

Will let you know

peter

OK I would suggest that You the facia panel first Peter, less wires to change over. Ian
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have as you suggested purchased jsut the PCB behind the fascia panel, that was £199!! peter

Fingers crossed then ~ if you need the other give me a ping and I'll source it for you hopefully at a much cheaper price
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just got round to sorting and blow me I have a PCB with a different code no the existing part no is DIEML 717582-03 also a further no is 070719 01 FS? The new part is SPTPR00200G.

What happens now?

Hang on and I'll just check the part numbers for you ~ did you order using the numbers I gave you?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes, but i will double check also

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

morning. I got what I ordered which is the number you gave me for the fascia panel PCB WPL481221848184.

Looking at the back of the PCB installed I should have had 461850286222 ??

The number I gave you for the facia panel was 4812 453 10084 who supplied you with it as the original may have been superseded by a upgrades board. Firstly I would ring them and get them to confirm that this is the replacement board for the original, looking at it, it seems to be the same but just check then at least if there is a problem you can send it back. Make a note of the date time and who you spoke too for further reference if needed. Ian
Just checked and the lastest board having been superseded four times is 4801 3210 2929
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay, so what happens now can you discuss with 4ourhouse?

Their order OH46519373 order taken by VLOBBAN .

No sadly I cant as this is a legal contract between you the purchaser and them the supplier, all you have to do is phone them and confirm that this is the correct pcb for the appliance and get a name. I would then having had it confirmed fit it and see how you go. If it doesn't work get back on to them and request they either replace it or give you a refund. I think you will find it works for you.