Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

My oven seems to be stuck on timer I can't get oven to s

Customer Question

My oven seems to be stuck on timer
I can't get oven to start
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

OK can you give me the Make and Model number and I will try and help you reset the clock ~ Ian

Dales-Electronic :

How many buttons has it got and has it a full timer function or just a 'minute minder'

JACUSTOMER-ox09hf07- : It is a built in unit name fager innovation class A panel consists of left hand dial mode settings right hand dial temp settings clock in the middle with on the left v for enter - minus sign and plus sign
JACUSTOMER-ox09hf07- : Have sorted my problem out yet
JACUSTOMER-ox09hf07- : HannH
Dales-Electronic :

OK there seems to be two ways you can set the clock ~ the one that you have followed OR set the time up as required but do not press OK this time and see if the required time sets after a short while ~ attached is the handbook. So power off at wall, power back on, you should have a flashing display. Now set the time with the up and down arrows, then once the time is correct press the clock icon NOT OK. See handbook page 15 ~ Ian http://www.fagor.co.uk/documents/FDO900.pdf

JACUSTOMER-ox09hf07- : Plese refer to page 41 as that is the control s on my oven
JACUSTOMER-ox09hf07- : Thank you
JACUSTOMER-ox09hf07- : Need more help
Dales-Electronic :

OK the one I sent to you only goes to page 26 ~ can you get the specific model number for me. This means that you will have to withdraw the unit from the housing and the rating plate will be either on top, back or sides ~ come back to me with this and we'll try again.

JACUSTOMER-ox09hf07- : Hi Ian there is no number on it phoned fager they are looking £130 pounds Thor engener to look at it my husband said its the timer unit
JACUSTOMER-ox09hf07- : were would we be able to buy one in belfast
Dales-Electronic :

OK can you get me the model number and serial number and I'll source you one ~ cant get the specific one unless I have least the model number

JACUSTOMER-ox09hf07- : Wee searched for model number and can't find it
JACUSTOMER-ox09hf07- : it seems to be clock the oven won't start with out it
Dales-Electronic :

I'm assuming that this is the FDO900 series ~ there are two boards to this a display board and a power board joined by a ribbon cable, before we do anything just check that the two boards are connected together and that the connector is tight. Power off, remove top cover and you can see the cable follow it down from the display board to the power board and check this connection.

JACUSTOMER-ox09hf07- : My husband is going to try that out
JACUSTOMER-ox09hf07- : Hi I TOOK OF CLOCK PANEL AND REAR PANEL ALL CONNECTIONS ARE FIRM AND SOUND I CAN SEE WHERE ALL THE CABLES ARE COMING FROM THE CLOCK CIRCUIT BOARD AND WHERE THEY ARE GOING EVERY THING SEEMS OK
Dales-Electronic :

OK did you find the model number when you took it out ~ regarding the price, if Fagor are supplying you both boards at £130 then that price is about right, each board is approx. £60. Did you remove the cables and push them back on again?

Dales-Electronic :

Also did you check for burn/scorch marks on the boards ?