Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My baumatic hob won't turn off. The front, left hand ring turns

My baumatic hob won't turn off. The front, left hand ring turns on then heats up to maximum and won't turn off unless I turn the whole unit off at the mains, then when I turn on again there is a clicking sound and the ring heats up again even when the hob ha been turned off. How can I get the ring to stay turned off
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Can you post the model number please.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Daniel T, the Number is N.01240124 and the Model is BH14SS.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for that. Sorry this isnt good news. As this is a touch control hob then the control board will be the fault here.

As on the boards are the element relays. These control the elements and brings them. You will find that one of them is faulty as it will be stuck on and this is whats keeping the element on all the time.

So im afraid to cure this you will need to replace the complete control board as it comes as one unit. But ive just checked the part and its listed as obsolete now so it isnt even availble anymore. Even if it was you will still be looking at about the £200 mark.

Unless you are good at electronics then its best to replace the hob on this. If you are good at electronics and soldering then you need to remove the board and locate the relays on there. Then test them and find the faulty one and replace that and see if this cures it.
That part i cannot help much on as we dont go down to componment level. We just replace the boards.

Sorry its not good news here but the control board will be the causes of this here. If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your prompt response. I suspected as much.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Your welcome, Just sorry its not good news but if you need anymore info just get back to me.