Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

We have a Toshiba DVD

Customer Question

We have a Toshiba DVD recorder & player RD-85DTSB - a new DVD is not recognized it is for regions 2 or ALL the disc we are trying to play is 0 or worldwide and can play it on the computer - can we do anything about this?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** the player play any discs at all?

JACUSTOMER-ecerbkof- :

yes all others DVD

George-Allsorts :

So you are saying that it will play all DVDs except the region 2 one that you want to play.. Is that correct?

JACUSTOMER-ecerbkof- :

No - the one we want to play is 0 or worldwide

JACUSTOMER-ecerbkof- :

also it (the new DVD a BBC publication) plays on my computer and an older Panasonic DVD player and old telly . The telly we have with the Toshiba DVD recorder & player is also a Toshiba both about 5 to 8 years old

George-Allsorts :

Sorry, in that case I do not have an answer for you and will opt out... I hope you get the answer you need.

kind regards
George

Customer :

I still haven't had an answer!

Customer :

OK we have now sorted this problem ourselves -

Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

You might be interested in the attached link from Amazon ~ item at bottom of the page which indicates that this DVD player will only play Zone 2 dvds ~ Hope that helps, if so kindly rate my service.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Toshiba-RD-85DT-Recorder-Digital-Freeview/dp/B000FL6WTM

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We have now solved the problem something to do with PAL & Auto setting