Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Siemens SE60T392GB dishwasher that is letting in water

Customer Question

I have a Siemens SE60T392GB dishwasher that is letting in water and draining OK, but is not pumping the water into the spray arms. The sump and pump itself are clear of any debris. I have taken the motor out and it spins freely. I have tested the resistance across the motor's 3 terminals and it is around 70ohms across each pair combination. So everything looks OK, but the spray arms do not move during the wash cycle.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

When it should be washing do you hear any noise comming from the wash motor like a humming noise?

Have you tested the capacitor on the motor? (if you have the setting to do that on your multi meter)

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The machine occasionally makes a noise in the vicinity of the motor but it is difficult to know if its the motor of something else making the noise. The machine is mostly silent until deciding to drain water or let more in. The motor itself does not have a capacitor, but there is a separate motor control unit with a large capacitor inside it. How would I test that if that is the correct thing to test? Many thanks.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Just relised the type of motor you have. Thats correct the capacitor is on that control board which you see. As the motor test ok going of the readings you gave then this leaves the fault with that board.

Now if you have a microfarred setting on your meter then you can test the capacitor from the board. Not all meters have that setting.

Now if the capacitor is faulty and you are good at electronics and soldering then you can try and replace just that and see what happens.

But if not then you need to replace the complete control board and that should cure the fault here. If you want the part number for that board its 642302.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I do have a microfarrad setting, so can test it. Do I need to remove the capacitor, or can I test it in place? Once tested, presumably my multi-meter should so the value as indicated on the side of the capacitor?

Many thanks for your excellent service so far.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Really the best way to test is to remove it but if not just test the pins and yes it should give the valve which it will say on it.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I have replaced the capacitor, although I was doubtful it was faulty, and sure enough it has made no difference. Sorry, but do you have any next steps to try?

Many thanks.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok if its the same still and the motor is fine then its looking like the control board itself is the fault here im afraid.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi daniel
Ok. I was afraid of that. Do you mean the motor control board or the main control unit? I'm guessing the control unit for the motor itself? The more expensive one as it happens!!!
Many thanks.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Im afraid it will more then likely be the motor control board at the bottom rather then the main board, Sorry