George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

rangemaster classic 90 oven fan runs all the time

Customer Question

Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** you need to ask for more info, please do. Kindly be patient whilst awaiting responses, I'm only here part-time.

The fan is usually routed through the selector switch for the oven... If you have shorted this out you will need to replace it.

Can you give me the exact model number which will be either on the rear of the cooker or on the outer rim of the oven cavity please

JACUSTOMER-7396q2a6- :

It is a Classic 90 dual fuel. ********** /p>

George-Allsorts :

Can yopu give me that number again but put a # ***** of it

JACUSTOMER-7396q2a6- :

#6817010373

JACUSTOMER-7396q2a6- :

The switch still operates the oven all right but the fan stays on even when the oven is off.Could this still cause this fault.Can I change over the switch from the small oven to check this.

George-Allsorts :

I have just looked and there is a difference between them, so I wouldn't do that, unless the numbers on them match eachother

George-Allsorts :

Can you get me the number off the main oven selector?

JACUSTOMER-7396q2a6- :

this is my sons oven and I will not be able to get to his house till next saturday will that be ok.

George-Allsorts :

That will certainly be ok... however, I can virtually guarantee that the problem is with that selector switch as the fan is fed from it

George-Allsorts :

Just use the same link to come back to me

JACUSTOMER-7396q2a6- :

Thank you for your help I will get back to you later

George-Allsorts :

What you could try is.. have a look at the selector switch and look for one of the tags that has been fused into place by the spark of the short.. try break it loose.. if you can it may start working again.

ENSURE YOU TURN OFF THE POWER FIRST

JACUSTOMER-7396q2a6- :

can you explain how to get at the selector switch.

George-Allsorts :

As far as I can remember, on those ones you have to remove all the pan supports and burners from the top of the cooker to find screws that remove the cooker hob top... There will also be screws at the rear of the hob top if ###i have remembered the correct model...

The selector will be behind the respective knob

JACUSTOMER-7396q2a6- :

Thank you for your help George released the tag and everything is working well now. Will be giving you an excellent rating

So it was a fused tag?