Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hi! I have a Toshiba DVR20 (DVD/VHS/Freeview) which I bought

Hi! I have a Toshiba DVR20 (DVD/VHS/Freeview) which I bought two years ago. I've been very happy with it until yesterday, when I tried to play a VHS tape and the whole unit shut down. I switched it back on again, tried another tape and the same thing happened. I tried a few more and the unit switched itself off again. This has never happened before, and all the tapes I tried to play have been fine when I've played them on the unit in the past.
Your advice will be appreciated!
Sue Grant
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am Tech Michael,I am a VCR specialist. I am sorry to hear that.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and I want to guide you the best way possible to save you money and time;-)
This is an issue with in the VCR portion if the unit. sometimes the belt or the pinch roller gets stuck and can cause this exact issue. You will need to have the unit professionally cleaned and tuned up, its not very expensive and they will have it working like new again. Caution, please don't put anymore tapes in the VCR portion until this has been serviced because it could "eat a tape and cause serious damage to the VRC.
Many TV repair shops will do this for you;-)
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please dont forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day !
Tech Michael