Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

An elderly neighbour has a Toshiba TV approx. 2 years old

An elderly neighbour has a Toshiba TV approx. 2 years old Why would the sound go only when the adverts are on she has to turn TV off until she thinks adverts are finished she turns TV back on and she can continue to watch her program with sound until the next advert and the switching on switching off continues
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 3 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Could you get me the full model number and serial number and I will see if its a fault or just finger trouble ~ Ian

Customer:

Thank you I will contact my neighbour she is away until Tuesday but I will get the information you require on her return

Dales-Electronic :

OK no worries ~ the reason I need more information is that some modern TVs have a facility to switch the sound off during an advert break.

Customer:

My goodness didn't know that I will be seeing my neighbour tomorrow I will try and find the information you have asked for. I suppose the model and serial number will be somewhere on the TV ~Ann

Dales-Electronic :

Hi Ann ~ yes somewhere on the back ~ Ian

Customer:

The added information you needed The television is a Toshiba LCD Colour

Customer:

The serial Number is ***** The Model Number is ***** ~ Ann

Dales-Electronic :

Thanks Ann will come back to you when I have the information You require ~ Ian

Customer:

Thank you ~ Ann

Dales-Electronic :

I have been looking back, it would seem that this is actually a TV made by Vestel a Turkish company and rebadged as Toshiba. The fault you describe is a common fault. Im trying to find out if there is an easy repair ~ will come back to you as soon as I have a result.

Customer:

Thank you Ann

Dales-Electronic :

OK from the information that I have now to hand this is a workshop repair situation, bearing in mind that this is a flat screen you might as suggested be better off finding a company that is a Toshiba agent rather than a general TV shop,. As suggested earlier it might in the long run be cheaper to replace the TV. Hope that was at least some help by all means come back to me for further information if required. If you are happy with the information kindly rate my service _ Ian