Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

we have a Samsung refrigerator SR-LR629EV which keeps going

Customer Question

we have a Samsung refrigerator SR-LR629EV which keeps going into quick freeze,by itself, when the temperature is displaying the correct level (-19) or even lower. Also there is a beep/alarm.
The quick freeze can usually be turned off with the button unti lit does it again.
have you any idea what this could be please.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am Tech Michael, I am sorry to hear that.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and I want to guide you the best way possible to save you money and time;-)
How old is your fridge/freezer?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

About 10-12 years old.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Neil thanks for the information.
This is a main control board failure.
You will need to replace that board to fix these issues. It easy to replace no soldering required;-)
The best place to get that board is Espares: Please call them for this part. 0844 9777 888
They are reliable and usually ship the part the same day you call them.
I will help with this if you need me.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the info. I will contact espares to try to obtain one. Where is this board situated on the freezer please? Is it easy to get to?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Neil, the board can be in one of two locations. It may be right on the back of the fridge under a metal cover. Or down below in the lower access panel where the compressor is;-)
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please dont forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day !
Tech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Neil not sure if you got this message,
Thank you and have a great day !
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Neil, the site keeps telling me you have replied but I don't see anything in the body of the message, if you need me please let me know of don't reply to this until you need me;-)
Thanks Neil and have a great day!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael,

I have received the new control board and have swapped it out and initially it seemed to clear the problem but now it has returned with the quick freeze light coming on randomly and the temperature going down to as low as -26 sometimes although maybe not as bad as it was. Have you any further idea please?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Neil, yes you may also need a new thermostat. Its basically a probe and shouldn't be expensive;-)
I will be here if you need me, you can get that from espares as well.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael,

Have you any idea where this is situate please.

Cheers

Neil