Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

MY FRIDGE (RLA 80 N) KEEPS FREEZING DOWN TO 0c AND BUILDING

MY FRIDGE (RLA 80 N) KEEPS FREEZING DOWN TO 0c AND BUILDING UP THICK ICE ON THE UPPER REAR WALL. IF TURNED OFF AND THEN ON AGAIN IT DOES NOT START UP STRAIGHT AWAY BUT BEGINS TO RUN AFTER 5 mins. WHAT PART(S) DO I NEED TO ORDER AND CAN I FIT THEM MYSELF? THANKS, RAY.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Sorry to hear that,
This is a defrost issue.
Usually the parts that you need to replace are the defrost heater and the Bi-Metal sensor, both are behind the rear wall inside the freezer.
Both parts a re super easy to change out.
I will assist you as well.
You will need to remove the shelves and the shelving brackets on the freezer walls, then a few screws that secure the rear wall to the back, then you can see the heater element and the Bi-Metal sensor.
The best place for you to get these parts is Espares, Sales
0844 9777 888
After sales
0333 4007 888
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays
For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.
Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
Hopefully that helps.
Please rate kindly, I will still be here for you at no additional cost until you have this fixed;-)