Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Gas cooker specialist
46681511

Hi, I've got a Vaillant ecoTEC plus. The boiler is working,

Customer Question

Hi, I've got a Vaillant ecoTEC plus. The boiler is working, the central heating is finem but I don't get any hot water. It display the symbol for the central heating, but it doesn't display the symbol for the hot water. Can you help?
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 2 years ago.
***** ***** : If you turn the power off to the boiler so you can hear better, and put your head against the case do you get a light click when you run the tap?
***** ***** : If not can you try 2 hot taps and tell me if it makes any difference?
***** ***** : Do you have the age of the boiler?
JACUSTOMER-x6zkajyd- :

no click, no difference if one tap or two.

JACUSTOMER-x6zkajyd- :

no difference if you turn one or two taps on, no click. the boiler is 2 years old

***** ***** :

If it is less than 2 years old it will still be under the manufacturers warranty

***** ***** :

Let me dig out a diagram

***** ***** :

You have an impeller sensor on your boiler (like a flow switch), if this is not triggered then the status code on the boiler will not change to S10.

***** ***** :

If you are not getting S10 then the boiler does not know there is hot water being drawn

***** ***** :

Perhaps a call to Vaillant first to see where you stand with the warranty - I find the more grief you give them (expensive boiler only lasting 2 years, etc) the more chance of a fix for free.

***** ***** :

Contact Vaillant Service Solutions
(0870 6060 777)