Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491
Appliance

We have a frost-free Liebherr Fridge Freezer. In the last

We have a frost-free Liebherr... Show More

We have a frost-free Liebherr Fridge Freezer. In the last week or tow the temperature green light has been flashing between position 5 and 3 with the green super frost indicator light also flashing along with the "alarm" beep. After a time it seems to reset itself then starts again. I was advised to switch the appliance off for a about five minutes and switch on again. This appeared to correct the problem but only temporarily. Can you please advise on what to do. Thank you, ***** ***** Duncan

Show Less
Michael, Customer Service
replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear that.
May I have the model # ***** the approximate age of your freezer?
Also is there any heavy frost or ice on the rear wall inside the freezer?
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

Model is Liebherr frost free fridge freezer - CUN 3033.

Bouth approx Oct 2011

Sometimes there is a film of ice on the back of the fridge compartment. Later it may have "de-iced".

Michael, Customer Service replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Angus,
Even though this is a frost free unit it may be at the point where it needs to be defrosted. I need you to defrost the unit for 24 hours with eh doors open, then clean out any standing water. Next power the unit back on and let me know how the unit is functioning after 12 hours of run time. If it works fine and this problem doesn't re occur in a week or so, your in good shape. But if the issue returns again please let me know because then you will need to replace a couple of defrost parts. They are pretty easy to change if your handy and have a few basic hand tools, I will help you with that if needed.
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don't forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you Angus and have a great day!
Tech Michael
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your advice - before I can defrost the fridge/freezer I am trying to find alternative "homes" for the freezer contents, if they are out for 24 hours. Haven't yet had the chance to do this, so I don't know whether your suggested solution works or not.

Angus Duncan

Good morning Angus,
I understand, I'm pretty sure my solution will work as I mentioned.
Thank you and have a great day Angus!
Tech Michael