Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Toshiba TV LCD/DVD combo model 24D1333B2 and I am

Customer Question

I have a Toshiba TV LCD/DVD combo model 24D1333B2 and I am trying to connect my Sky Plus box to it. I have enabled Sky ... but my RC 1910 remote control will not enable me to move right or left or up and down when the menu is on the screen. Those buttons around the OK button are not functional - they are not there, only painted replicas of them. I also downloaded an operations book for this TV and it gives me the option (page12) of using the controls on the back of the TV, But there are no controls on the back of this TV. Right now I can only use it for a DVD.
Please tell me what is wrong with my RC 1910 remote and what is wrong with my 24D1333B2 Toshiba TV. Thank you.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear that.
Where and when did your purchase the 1910 remote?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the remote came with the TV and I purchased them in Argos here in Galway in the west of Ireland

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** ago was this purchase?
I looked at a picture of a 1910 remote, it seems somehow you got one that wasn't even put together correctly.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

three or four months ago Michael. The TV is in a small front room which we only use in winter - so I had not tried to enable it for TV. I installed Sky Plus recently elsewhere and connected this TV with the Sky RF out connection - which works well because we had replaced a similar small TV (different brand) and we had no problems. It's not just the remote. Why are there no controls on the back of this TV as stated on the 'analogue fine tune' section (page 15) of their instruction booklet ?

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Pat it is strange that the instructions say there are buttons on the back of the set and there should be, check really well.
as for the remote, it should automatically work with the TV it came with.
But let me ask, when you try to press the left/right buttons does it feel like the other buttons or is it just hard?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Trust me, Michael, the only buttons on the back of the set are the ones that control the DVD. There is one toggle type button on the other side of the back that seems to only affect the sound.

As regards ***** ***** remote. There are no left/right buttons - just hard - it does not depress ...

This is all very strange

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Pat I agree with you.
It sounds like you may have the wrong TV and the wrong remote or a remote that wasn't assembled correctly.
Since this is so new and two main issues here you should and I would as well, return the set and remote for an exchange. We cant even be sure you have the correct instruction manual. I have seen this before many times, you may have gotten a return that was mixed up.
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don't forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you Pat and have a great day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Michael! I'll try and get Argos to take it back but I'm not hopeful. ..and thanks for the follow-up offer. If you have a chance maybe you can find out from your own sources why Toshiba would offer two products such as the ones that I bought.

Best, Pat.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Pat this crap actually happens, just explain this to them, and if they wont take it back, you will need to contact Toshiba directly.
keep me informed of how they handle this;-)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Michael. I rated you 'excellent'. Cheers, Pat.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Your very welcome Pat have a great day!