Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hello, I have a Neff combination microwave and conventional

I have a Neff combination microwave and conventional oven. Yesterday I replaced a blown T.125A fuse which blew when I closed the door while using the oven. Today the same fuse has blown when I pressed start on the microwave. Do you have any ideas what is causing this fuse to blow?
I would be very grateful for any help with this.
Thanking you in advance.
Andrew
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am Tech Michael, I am sorry to hear that.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and I want to guide you the best way possible to save you money and time;-)
May we have the model # ***** how old the unit is?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for getting back to me. It is a Neff H7871 GB and is about 5 years old.

Andrew

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Andrew,
Please try this for me,
replace the fuse, and when its up again, open and close the door repeatedly let me know if it causes the issue again.
Dont set it to on though;-)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your message. I have replaced the fuse and opened and closed the door about 100 times and the oven is still working. What should I try next?

Andrew

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Set the microwave with a glass of water in for 40 seconds. Let me know what happens?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There was a spark/flash and the same fuse has blown.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Andrew I just needed to check for a short in the door switches.
What you have here is a failed main control board.
Its not cheap, but I will help you with the replacement its not very difficult if your a bit handy;-)
The best place to get that is Espares:Phone 0844 9777 888.
All you will need is the model # ***** your oven.
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don't forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you Andrew and have a great day !
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for the diagnosis. I will have a think about whether I will replace the board or get a new oven - I am doing my kitchen soon so need to factor that in. If I was to replace the board is it just a case of disconnecting the cables removing the 3 or 4 screws, swap the board and replace all the connections, or is there more to it than that?

Andrew

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Andrew it a lot to spend on that unit.
I wish you the best with your re model;-)
Please rate kindly and have a great day!
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.