George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I would like help mending a faulty Hoover washing machine please.

Customer Question

I would like help mending a faulty Hoover washing machine please. The model number is *****+AA OPH614 and it is 6yrs old.
When it is set on spin, it made a noise like there was metal on metal and the drum felt loose inside the machine. Now when it is set on a cycle, there is minimal water and it does not spin at all.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 3 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** you need to ask for more info, please do. Kindly be patient whilst awaiting responses, I'm only here part-time.

If you open the door, can you push the edge of the drum up and down?

George-Allsorts :

It sounds like the drum support spider in your wash tub has broken... The replacement tub is a sealed unit and the part number is ***** .. Hoover Tub Complete

George-Allsorts :

It is roughly the same cost to buy the replacement washing machine

George-Allsorts :

I am sorry to give you such discouraging news

George-Allsorts :

Is there anything further that I can assist you with regarding this?

George-Allsorts :

You could try to access a secondhand / used / recycled / reclaimed wash tub from ebay using the part number I gave you or the model number of the appliance...
Alternatively, if there is no further help I can assist you with, please rate my responses in order that the question can be closed down.

regards