George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Have a hot point gas hob 6442 and want to replace it. Problem

Customer Question

Have a hot point gas hob 6442 and want to replace it. Problem with getting something to replace it as hole in work surface too large. Can you help?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am Tech Michael, I am sorry to hear that.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and I want to guide you the best way possible to save you money and time;-)
Please explain, it the opening too large for the newer HOB?
And what is on either side of the existing HOB?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hob is 510 by 590 what can I replace this with. Do not want to fit a new kitchen.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Jean how old is that hob?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

19 years old

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Jean,
It is an odd size but you can check with local appliance sales shops
Or you can do what I did. I faced the same issue once so I added a piece of formica counter top to the area where extra space was. It looked great and was cheaper than trying to remodel by far and super easy to do;-)
I will assist you with doing that if you would like?
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don't forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you Jean and have a great day!
Tech Michael
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello Jean, my name is***** you need to ask for more info, please do. Kindly be patient whilst awaiting responses, I'm only here part-time.

Can you tell me if you have the sizes for the cutout that the hob sits in to, as these will differ dramatically from the actual size of the hob?